I often like the effect of vellum but find it quite challenging to work with to any degree of success. When coloured it has a soft, delicate look which is very attractive.
I decided that I would use the required vellum to make flowers for my project. I want to combine the vellum flowers with a strong, vibrant background so that they look softly feminine against it and stand out.
My choice of colour palette is familiar but I've tried to challenge myself by using much darker tones of my usual favourites!
|The elements I made to construct my tag. I haven't left anything out this time either! To hear how I made each section, please scroll down.|
|The finished tag which has only one piece covered in Glossy Accents!|
|Couldn't resist just one tiny element covered in Glossy Accents! The circle re-enforcing the tag hole was inked first using Distress Inks.|
|This image clearly shows the background stamping and stencil work - I haven't really used stencils in this way before and I enjoyed the process and quite like the end results although more practice is certainly needed!|
|Here we have a clear view of one of the vellum flowers. After cutting out, each section was inked with Distress Ink, stamped with either a script or random floral image and the edges of the petals were embossed using True White powder - these link with the white detailing on the stencil work. The flowers are attached to the tag using matt, metal brads. Ribbon was added to complete the look using toning shades of both wired and organza ribbon. Finally the edge of the tag was inked with Black Soot.|
I am also going to show my tag here:
Just Keep On Creating - Anything Goes (do look here as this is a new challenge blog so why not drop in and join in the fun).