Monday 23 April 2012

Summer Colours

The theme for the Sunday Stampers this week is Summer Colours. What a lovely change from all the spring colours, male theme challenges etc! They were fab but it's nice to do something different for a change isn't it? Perhaps in a few months time I won't want see summery things but for the moment it suits me fine!

I had some new stamps arrive and just happened to make a tag with them which fits the 'summer colours' theme quite well - I hope!

I must give credit to the hugely talented Colleen Dietrich who did a fab 'bee' card  and gave me the inspiration for the background on this tag. Colleen used a resist technique to create the honeycomb but I found a somewhat quicker method: good old TH embossing folder!!  Do go and look at her blog if you haven't been before - I LOVE her work!

This will be all for a while from me as Cyprus calls again and we're off soon! Have a great week.

The elements used to make the tag. I also used some garden twine to go through the top but forgot to add it to this photo - oops!

An uncluttered (for me!) completed tag! The pink in this tag is really vibrant and I'm afraid my photography skills don't do it justice - same with the gorgeous lime green.


The tag background was inked with mustard seed then dry embossed. To bring out the embossed design, I powder embossed in gold. The little bees were stamped onto acetate, cut out and attached using glossy accents. The sentiment was computer generated and then cut out and attached. 

The card for the flowers was made using dylusion inks and then stamped, cut out and layered. Such lovely shapes to cut and LOVE those dylusion inks! I manipulated the small flower so that it became dimensional and added interest.


14 comments:

  1. MUSt get me some of those Dylusions Inks! I've heard sooooo many people talking about how vibrant the colours are!

    LOVE that honeycomb and bees background! How cute are they!

    Thanks for the comments about the Art course! :D I am STILL grinning from ear to ear :D

    Hope you have a wonderful time in Cyprus! :D

    Take care

    Jackie x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love, the bees, love the flowers, love the honeycomb, love the colours, love Dylusions too. Have a lovely time in Cyprus and thanks for the visit and comments.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Julie, you are the queen (bee) of tags! Fabulous stamps and I LOVE the gold embossing. Have a great time and enjoy the sunshine! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for your comment. Have to say the theme was a good one. Love your bright tag too especially the bees and the honeycomb background!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This tag has so many lovely layers. I have not used the 'Dylusion' inks but need to get some! Lovely bright, sunny colours. Sx

    ReplyDelete
  6. lurrrrve the burst of colour Julia!! lainey x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning tag Julia and such bright colours of summer. I love that TH mixed media stamp and the flowerd.

    ReplyDelete
  8. GORGEOUS tag... have a wonderful time in Cyprus, I am not jealous... much lol Thanks for joining in with the Sunday Stamper x

    ReplyDelete
  9. A fabulous tag!! The colours are so vibrant and the honey bees fab. Great flower too.
    Have to say thank you for becoming a follower of my blog I have now joined you to and put a feed in to you so i can keep up with all your fantastic creations. Love your work.
    Carol xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. How wonderful is this Tag. Stunning I think is the word. The colours and the whole concept of the tag is perfect. Enjoy your break in Cyprus. Hugs Rita xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the gorgeous rich colours, my mind immediately things of long warm summer days.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey Julia, congratualtions on being published on the Over to you pages of the new craft Stamper - June 2012 with your Heart Box!! Gorgeous piece.x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fantastic tags, the bright colors are perfect for these grey and rainy days here in Germany.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. Juliax