Thursday 19 April 2012

Another Sea Of Green. . . . .(with some orange and black too!)

I'm not usually very fond of green - I don't think I ever wear it very much. However, I've noticed that I use green fairly frequently in my crafting and I've even had to buy a 'peeled paint' re-inker! (Not that amazing really but it amused me!). After entering the challenge at Artful Times, I felt the need to continue on the green theme and produce something else.

I bought some new things on Saturday at Alexandra Palace - I went with my sister Sandie and we had a really fabulous day together: much looking, touching, oohing and ahing and of course some spending! We laughed and chatted all day until they said they were closing in fifteen minutes - shock horror!

I bought a plate of Lynn Perella stamps which I fell in love with. Not sure what I wanted them for - does it matter? - but I had to have a play. What better way to start than cutting a nice fresh tag from white card and getting out the inks?

The blank tag was spritzed with gold shimmer spray then coloured with dylusion ink sprays and details added with dylusion stencils, distress ink and some white picket fence distress stain. The image was stamped with black versafine and small areas were highlighted with green perfect pearls mixed with water and painted on. For further details scroll down.

The finished tag with some black grosgrain ribbon and beads added through the  hole at the top.

The flowers are die cut from card covered with aluminium insulation tape, coloured with alcohol inks, dry embossed with a couture embossing folder and then heat embossed with crystal powder. I added some  black stazon randomly over the flowers to give a 'grungy' feel as they looked too new and clean without it! I coloured some brads black and attached them through the flowers. Perhaps I should have bashed the brads a little with a hammer but thought it was too late at this point!

The lace is a TH die cut which has been coloured with spiced marmalade distress ink and then over inked with black soot to tone down the colour.

The perfect pearls painting can be clearly seen in this image along with the shimmer spray on the tag. I like the way the background stencil work shows through the face! I'm not so keen on the picket fence stain which shows up as whitish areas here and there - it's probably because I know where it is I suppose!



The die cut leaves were inked and stamped with another image from the same plate. I love these leaves - so  amusing to see a face peeking out at you from a leaf! I added a little perfect pearls to the faces.

Finally, all edges were inked with walnut stain just before the tag was put together.

8 comments:

  1. You know its funny because I'm not a lover of green either but that's two absolutely gorgeous pieces you've done in green!! I really do love that.
    Nice trick with the flowers! I must remember that.

    Thanks for sharing.

    Jackie x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Owww another yummy looking tag :)I wonder if we bumped into each other at Ally Pally lol
    Von x♥x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Funny enough I'm not a lover of green either,but it seems to pop up in different shades throughout the house! but these are really great love the texture and techniques that you have used x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Julia that so fab!!!! So you dont like green. You've got some fab stuff at Ally Pally I really like the stencil and the lace. You have great "out of box" ideas like the flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's never too late to bash some brads, is what I say, but I love my little TH hammer, so I'd bash anything! I can't see any glossy accents, have you run out - LOL. You'll have to tell me more about this aluminium insulation tape sounds cool and looks even more cool. And I LOVE green, got loads of green clothes, so latest tags are definitely hitting my button. Bravo BJ

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous, the flowers look great.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This news is really very effective for everybody and specially for those who really like planting . thank you.sea of green

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a very impressive blog with such a lovely photographs and sea of green is very beneficial for us. Thanks for sharing the information

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. Juliax