The first thing I did was to choose an image of my daughter and have a little play around with it on a simple image editing programme called Photoscape.
|So from this. . . . . . .
|. . . . . . . to this. Now I had a black and white image I could transfer onto fabric and it turned into. . . . . .
|. . . . . this explosion of colour!
|I really like the tie dye pattern and colours showing through.
|I tried to have a go at splattering some paint onto the exposed areas of tie dye. I didn't go overboard with it and I like just the small touch of splatter!
|For the sides of the work which would be exposed on the canvas this piece would be mounted on, I chose to use some So Soft through a stencil (very easy - no bleeding and it washed off the stencil easily). I used an Andy Skinner stencil for the two sides and another for the top edge but I can't remember who it came from - sorry!
Once dry, the fabric was ironed then stretched over a canvas with a frame and stapled into place.