Time for a new challenge at Anything But A Card
today. Each challenge runs for two weeks and you can make anything you like except a card, how easy is that? Five artists are chosen at the end of each challenge by the DT and you can have a badge for your blog if that's how you like to do things. Your work will also be featured on Pinterest by Carla, our illustrious leader.
The theme for the next fortnight is to Incorporate Black
into your chosen project. Black paint, stamping, embellishments, trims, fabric - the list could go on and on really.
I tried making something which was primarily black but I just couldn't get the hang of leaving out colour. I decided in the end to have one main image in black, some colour and other black bits and pieces.
I know it's a bit 'samey' but I love making tags and here's the one I've made for the new challenge at Anything But A Card:
|The light was a little flat for photos but here's the finished tag. The background was created with dylusion sprays and a piece of powder embossed corrugated card (loving this stuff so much!) was added for extra width.|
|Still in a bit of a Halloween mood here so decided to use an Andy Skinner bat image. It's really for Valentines day but I thought it doubled up rather well as it has a spooky gothic look which I love.The bat was stamped on the tag and then again onto acetate which was cut out and attached over the first image. The wings have been manipulated to stand away from the tag.|
|The flowers are die cuts from card coloured with dylusion inks, stamped randomly in archival and fastened with matt black painted fastener. The small flowers were punched from the same card, inked around the edge, shaped and finished with a small black gem. |
|The flourish was die cut then inked with black soot distress, followed by embossing with aged silver enamel. I love this enamel because it's chunky and contains not just silver but grains of black and gold too. You can see some of the random background stamping too which was done with various toning shades of distress ink. If you look hard enough you'll see some picket fence marker too which was used on a little dotty stamp just for added interest and depth.|
|The wonderful sentiment was stamped onto card aged with distress and torn edges. Black jute thread was wrapped around after the sentiment was applied.|
|The bats were die cut from grunge paper covered with old book pages. The edges were inked with black soot then crackle glaze applied. When dry, black acrylic paint was rubbed into the cracks to highlight them. The stamped barbed wire is very visible here - it lends a little spooky touch to the image.|
|A little more of the background stamping is visible here. Some black gros grain ribbon and ribbon with silver lurex thread was used through the top of the tag. (see first image for better view).|
|The corrugated card was inked and then embossed using the silver enamel. At the bottom of the tag you can just see some die cut lace. This was coloured black, embossed with clear powder then whilst still molten, it was stamped with silver brilliance. |
|Five different stamps are just visible in this view of the background.|
If you go over to Anything But A Card
, you can see what the other team members have made for further inspiration. I can't wait to see what you link up with - so please do have a go, especially if you've never joined us before. We're a friendly bunch and you'll get visits from more than one DT member I can assure you! I make a habit of visiting every entry and I'm always amazed by the number of creative people out there - it's wonderful.
Thanks for hanging on in there and getting down to here. If you like what you see, leave a comment and I'll come and visit you too!