I started by playing around with dylusion colours and making a background with green and yellow. Left that for a few days as nothing was working! Carried on then with some floral stamping, some foliage stamping and then thought about how I wanted to display the little calendar piece. I used a die cut in the end and gave it a makeover. Here's my March calendar page which is quite simple but in the end I was rather pleased with the way it had turned out (sorry the pictures are slightly odd, I had to take them in artficial light):
|Finished page for March.|
The background was created with dylusions, distress ink, water spritzing and some picket fence marker stamping. Some foliage was stamped in mustard seed distress but you have to look quite carefully for it!
For the calendar holder, a die cut was inked, stamped and crackled. The die cut letter M was inked then coated with glossy accents.
|A Tim floral stamp was used in each corner with archival. My touch of white was applied with a gel pen to highlight the centres of some flowers.|
|The calendar was inked and stitched to provide interest and to blend with the background (you may have noticed the mistake I made with the stitching - can't take it out as tell tale holes are left!).|
|Close up to show foliage stamping.|
|The top of the calendar piece was wrapped with some Tim tissue tape and inked to dull the white (I can't help doing that!).|
|This lovely jute braid was used through the die cut and then to hold the calendar (bought at the Craft Barn). The main piece was also stitched around the edge to give a finished look.|