Friday 29 July 2016

Tag Friday at A Vintage Journey

Today is Tag Friday at A Vintage Journey and it's my first time joining in with this event so I'm really honoured to show my tag along with the other Creative Guides. Whenever a month has five Fridays, a number of the Creative Guides choose to make tags. Anything goes as long as it is a tag and you should see what the other ladies have made for your inspiration!

Here's the tag I've made mainly using scraps (broken collar bones and crafting are not a match made in heaven!):


I've gone completely pink! I decided to use this month's 'Monochromatic' theme as my starting point. 

I've had these two tags hanging around for a while so thought I'd get them used up. The tag on the left was a try out of my one and only Distress Paint. The other tag was cut from a gelli plate print which didn't quite go as planned but which I held onto.

The gelli print was used to die cut various circle pieces.

The distress paint tag was given layers of pink toned stamping with various objects including credit card pieces, home cut stamps and bottle tops. I forgot to take a photo of the finished layers before constructing the tag - sorry!

A quick peek at the pink tones used in ink and paint along with two types of black ink for details.

Another discarded gelli print is used to stamp my chosen images onto. Thanks to Sam for making me buy these!! I love these Teesha Moore stamps.

The girl image is fussy cut and applied to the background. The white streak from the original gelli print has been left for effect.

The tiny girls were stamped just for their heads which are fussy cut and used as clock hands on the die cut circle pieces.

Another Teesha Moore stamp is used behind a die cut to complete the top of the tag. A piece of die cut scrap is used to finish the look.

My original inspiration came from a song I heard recently. Those of you who are of a certain age will remember the lovely Dusty Springfield who does a fab version of the song this line comes from. Any idea which song? The die cut has inked edges and the words are rub on individual letters.

The background layers can be seen more clearly here in the various pink tones along with black ink. The spiral type image is a home made stamp made by Kate Crane - so useful!

Detail image showing that white flash across the eyes - I just had to keep it!

This little face comes as a separate stamp. I really like how even a not very inspiring gelli print comes alive when stamped on.


I know my celebration of all things pink won't be to everyone's taste but I hope it inspires you to use that monochromatic theme and join in our latest challenge which is still live. Find all the details here. Thanks so much for joining me today.

10 comments:

  1. A real cool and funky tag! Julia You've worked those various tones of Pink so effectively. Got a few of the Teesha Moore girls myself and love them too- so quirky and unique. Yours looks fab on your tag .
    Hope you are healing well
    take care hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Julia, you have done THE most amazing job, broken collar bone and all!! I love that you took left over tags and created this fun and vibrant tag, I love the colours tones, your design is fabulous and the words look amazing - now I will be humming along with them all day in the windmills of my very own mind - lol! I hope the healing process is still going well! Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it Julia - I am slowly beginning to like pink - first Kate Crane, now this - you are convincing me! Love all the little details and all while your injuries - fabulous xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. So fun Julia - and definitely a burst of pink monos! Love all your spirals in so many different ways. Praying that you heal quickly. Xj.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it and glad you got to use your new stamps - she looks fab xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this in the bright pink Julia! and the mix of stamping bits makes for such an interesting and creative design! Julia xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. A lovely tag and a great use of the gelli plate. I love all the details and the repeated circles design.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely fabulous Julia!! I love the pink and the way you used Teesha's girls- very cool indeed!
    Your mark making and circle design, drew me right in!
    now, for the Dusty's song, which one is it? Can't seem to place it!
    hugs,Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooh, I just love all those layered dots and circles - so cool, and even better in hot pink!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous colour and love the layered circles motif, great tag Julia! Hope your poor collar bone is on the mend, Deb xo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. Juliax