Sunday 6 April 2014

Oops! I Got This Wrong. . . . .

Sorry everyone. I've been very silly and I've done the wrong challenge this month for Anything But A Card! Don't ask me why this happened - an extremely senior moment I fear! Thanks to those who took the trouble to read and comment.

Here is April's challenge at Anything But A Card: Spring Forward! Just click on the words and you'll be transferred to the blog where you can view the first DT group showing their wonderful 'Spring Forward' makes.


Good morning to all. Today sees the start of a new challenge at Anything But A Card. This month, we're asking you to use a colour inspiration image:

A beautiful palette for you to be inspired by.

I'm not usually a fan of colour inspiration challenge themes but there was something about this combination which appealed to me. I mainly used the darker tones at the right hand end with a small amount of the more neutral colours at the other end.

You must visit Anything But A Card and see the inspiration provided by team 1 of the DT. The other talented ladies come later in the month. We are also adding some extra interest this month so keep popping back!

I've made an ATC for this challenge - hope you like it:

A Darkroom Door stamp bought long ago and not inked, inks, paint, crackle medium, die cutting and some punched florals make up this ATC.

A die cut shape used for the top of the ATC. This was painted - using DecoArt Americana paints - with a mixture of the colours from the image then crackled. The punched florals were also painted and crackled then shaped and assembled. A small black gem was used for the centre of each flower - the only bling I seem to use with any regularity!


The ATC was coloured and stamped with one shade of Distress Ink. Some hidden areas were stamped again with Versamark and shimmer powder was dusted over - you can just see this at the top of the image. The face was stamped with Archival Ink and the edges of the ATC were inked with a darker shade of Distress Ink.










The florals were punched with my favourite punch - I do a lot of these but I really love their delicate look and almost porcelain like appearance.


A Chit Chat sticker was inked and applied. I chose this word because that's how I think of the image. She's very mysterious and you could come up with all kinds of stories about her!






Thanks so much for dropping by. The last 6 months or so haven't been my most sociable in blogland but I'm getting there! Thank you so much to those of you who have continued to support me with visits and words of encouragement - it is so much appreciated.

So, what are you going to do with our wonderful colour palette inspiration this month at Anything But A Card? I look forward to seeing what you create. Just remember: we are a 'cardless' challenge but you can make anything else you like!

















13 comments:

  1. So when you say you're creating an ATC you actually mean a mini masterpiece! Love the crackled pediment and the way you've captured the colour scheme on this. Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful ATC, loving the crackle a lot:-) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful, Julia!

    I really never tire of seeing those delicate porcellain-like flowers with your makes! And the colour scheme is fab! The ornament on top is brilliant!

    Hugs,
    Claudia x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fab ATC Julia! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Such a beautiful ATC. Love the embellishments.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Purple crackled goodness! Love the image too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh wow, love the colours you chose and your crackle is fantastic xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful piece of ART. Love the whole design.
    Thanks for your explanation Anneke.
    www.annekescardart.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. It may be small Julia but it had me transfixed looking at the cracking and details. A fabulous piece of art xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, that's really gorgeous!!! Coco x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oops... always terrified it'll happen to me - relieved to see the sky doesn't fall in when it occurs! And in the meantime what a drop dead gorgeous ATC - astounding textures and techniques as always - love, love it!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous ATC Julia, love the colours and I am a huge fan of Darkroom Door. The crackle looks fab - did you crackle the flowers too?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. Juliax