Today I have made a piece for the new Alpha Challenge at the Craft Barn. The challenge will last the year (I believe) and for each challenge a new letter will be given with which to create. Pop over to the Craft Barn blog for further details as I think it will be fun!
I've chosen the option to use a dictionary inside which my creations will be produced - there are other ways you can join in but I like the idea of using a discarded book and the challenge of keeping my creations as flat as possible - not an easy task for me at all!
Here's the dictionary I bought in a local charity shop:
I really wanted to find an old version with a lovely hard cover but, in the four local charity shops, this was the only one available.
Here's my first spread using the letter V which we were given for the first challenge:
|I used a variety of stamped faces for my images including Lynne Perella, Oxford Impressions and one which I can't remember!
The background on both pages was created with two stamps, two masks and distress inks.
|I die cut the letters for the word and treated them with several techniques including resist stamping and inking until I was happy with them.